Thursday, December 2, 2010

Our Parents!


The picture on the left is the closest one we can find of my parents shortly after they were married. My mom was 21 and my dad only 19 years old.
The picture on the right was taken in celebration of their 50th wedding anniversary. How different they look.
These are the parents that taught us how to be the people we are today. My dad was a painter all his life. My mom was a stay-at-home-mom until my twin and I were in our second year of high school when she went to work in one of the local factories.
They took us to church and instilled in us our faith, how to be parents, what a loving home was all about, being a family and respecting each other. Love was the most important element in our home. There were six children and we all knew we were loved by both of our parents. We had rules to obey, chores to do, bedtimes to be observed and homework done nightly. We always had the evening meal together and it made for a cohesive family unit.
You will find stories about our lives in our book, "Kaleidoscope Memories:Childhood Stories That Celebrate Family Life". I hope you'll read more posting in this blog and then pick up one of our books and share in our stories. It is our desire that by reading our stories you will remember some of your precious memories and want to share them with your family, friends, or the world.
I wanted you to see the beautiful people who were our parents and know a little more about them. I hope you've enjoyed this posting.

No comments: